Miss Frances Brannen, South Fort Mitchell, was selected Miss Kenton County Fair. Second Place winner was Miss Ruth Sexton of Erlanger and third place, Miss Lavern Reece of Covington. The contest was sponsored by Kenco Jaycees
August 4, 1963
Thanks to KY Post c/o Kenton County Public Library Archives
2017 Miss Kenton County
OPEN and COUNTY Pageants
IN 2017, MISS KENTON COUNTY FAIR (County Only) AND MISS KENTON COUNTY OPEN PAGEANTS, WILL RUN SIMULTANEOUSLY.
BOTH MISS KENTON COUNTY FAIR (County Only) AND MISS KENTON COUNTY OPEN PAGEANT WINNERS WILL BE SELECTED
IN 2017, TEEN DIVISION WILL ALSO INCLUDE AN OPEN PAGEANT (**NEW FOR 2017**)
IN 2017, TEEN MISS (County Only) AND TEEN MISS OPEN WILL RUN SIMULTANEOUSLY
BOTH TEEN (County Only) AND TEEN OPEN WINNERS WILL BE SELECTED
All Miss Kenton County Fair and Miss Teen Kenton County contestants are expected to attend practice, Sunday, July 9th, at 7:00 p.m. Practice attendance is not mandatory but is encouraged.
**SEE RULES BELOW FOR IMPORTANT CHANGES**
Entry Instructions: ENTRY FEE DUE BY MAIL ONLY NO LATER THAN SATURDAY JULY 8, 2017. MAKE CHECK PAYABLE TO KENTON COUNTY FAIR AND MAIL TO: KRISTEN BACH, 12415 Green Road Walton, KY 41094. INCLUDE COMPLETED MISS KENTON COUNTY BIO FORM WHICH IS AVAILABLE HERE
MONDAY, JULY 10, 2017
Interviews begin at 6:00 p.m.(Pageant program begins at 6:30 pm)
Entry Fee-$30.00 (preregister by mail through instructions above)
MONDAY, JULY 10, 2017
Interviews begin at 7:30 pm (Pageant program begins at 8:00 pm)
Entry Fee-$40.00 (preregister by mail through instructions above)
1. Contestant agrees to abide by all rules of the local and state contestants now in effect or as announced hereafter.
2. Contestant agrees that the time, manner and method of judging the contest shall be solely within the discretion of the Kenton County Fair Board and that the decision of the judges shall be final.
3. Contestant in Miss Kenton County Fair Pageant (County Only) and Teen Miss Kenton County (County Only) must be a resident of Kenton County.
4. Contestants in Miss Kenton County Open Pageant must be a Kentucky resident
5. A contestant in Miss Division, County and Open, must have reached her 16th birthday and cannot have reached her 22nd birthday by October 31.
6. A contestant in Teen Division, County and Open, must have reached her 13th birthday and cannot have reached her 16th birthday by October 31.
7. A contestant must be single, never married, never had a marriage annulled, and never had any children. (This rule applies until after the state pageant for Teen Miss Kenton County Fair.)
8. The contestant must be of good moral character.
9. Contestants in County Only Pageants must not be a winner of another 2017 Kentucky County Fair.
10. Winner of Miss Kenton County Open Pageant will represent Kenton County at state pageant in January 2017.
11. Winner of Teen Miss Kenton County Open Pageant will compete at the state competition in October 2017.
12. Miss Kenton County contestants will compete in swim suit and evening gown. For interview, contestants will wear a dress, skirt or pants. Please select a one piece swim suit in a solid color for swim suit competition. Evening gown must be floor length.
13. Teen Miss contestants will compete this year in evening gown or short cocktail dresses and casual outfits only.
14. Judging for pageants will be based on scores from interviews and personality, poise and appearance. For on stage introduction, contestant will choose a tasteful casual outfit. No hats. No costumes.
15. Winners of County Only pageants must be available for remaining evenings of fair to award various prizes.
MISS KENTON COUNTY FAIR (County Only) and MISS TEEN KENTON COUNTY FAIR (County Only) each receive a flower bouquet, sash, crown, and a $100 prize
MISS KENTON COUNTY OPEN receives a flower bouquet, sash, crown, $200 prize and a Vera Bradley Bag provided by Kenton County Fair Board.
TEEN MISS KENTON OPEN receives a flower bouquet, sash, crown, and $100 prize
Other prizes may be awarded such as Vera Bradley bags provided by Kenton County Fair Board.
CHAIRPERSON: Kristen Bach; Direct inquiries to Kristen at 859-409-9669 or email@example.com CO-CHAIRS: Carolyn Bach & Olivia LaFollette