top of page
We continue to strive to improve this growing category of interest for the Kenton County
Fair & Horse Show. Volunteer assistance is welcome for planning and fair week activities.
If interested call Cathy Mains at 859-512-9882.
Heading Color Division
PC1 – Photo Story Board/Photo Journalism-Photos must stand alone in telling a story. No less
than 3 photos and no more than 6 photos.
PC2 – Inanimate Structure Capturing a Face-like Image (eyes, nose mouth)
PC3 – A Visit to a US National Park (Identify Location)
PC4 – Nature: Scenery, Landscapes, Landmarks
PC5 – Nature: Large Non-farm Animals, Fish, Insects or Small
PC6 – Still Life
PC7 – Portrait-Posed or Candid
PC8 - A Day at the Zoo (Animals only)
PC9 - A Day at the Zoo (Other zoo sites, no animals)
Black and White Division
PBW1 – Photo Story Board/Photo Journalism-Photos must stand alone in telling a story. No less
than 3 photos and no more than 6 photos.
PBW2 – Inanimate Structure Capturing a Face-like Image (eyes, nose mouth)
PBW3 – A Visit to a US National Park (Identify Location)
PBW4 – Nature: Scenery, Landscapes,
PBW5 – Nature: Large non-Farm Animals, Fish, Insects or Small Animals
PBW6 – Still Life:
PBW7 – Portrait-Posed or Candid
PBW8 - A Day at the Zoo (Animals only)
PBW9 - A Day at the Zoo (Other zoo sites, no animals)
Feature Photography Division
PF1 – Digital Collage-multiple images cropped, resized & combined into one image- minimal size is
8"X10”, completed using computer program
PF2 - Photography Collage (using individual already-printed photos to tell a story or present a total
photo image)(judging based on imagery, creativeness & quality)
PF3 – Digital Illustration-single heavily edited 8 X 12" image, dramatic editing & changes may include cropping, sharpening/blurring, brightness/contrast, addition/removal, change in color, use of
filters and effects. *Attach note card to back describing editing techniques & copy of original print.
PF4 - Monochrome Photo (other than Black & White)
Video Division-Attach written statement: Why is it worth sharing, what did it mean to you?
PV5 - Video Story (self)
PV6 - Video Story (nature)
PV7 - Video Story (global travel)
PV8 - Video Story (farming in Kenton County)
CH - Child (Age 3-6) Ribbon Only-Entries in all categories from a child in this age group will be
accepted for exhibition BUT will not be judged competitively.
C1 – Children (Age 7-9)
C2 - Children (Age 10-13)
J1 – Junior (Age 14-18
A1 - Adult (Age 19-64)Seniors (Age 65 plus)
1. Contest open to all amateur photographers. (Any person who derives any income from
any phase of photography is considered a professional and not eligible in the amateur
2. Photos and videos must have been taken by entrant from July 10, 2021 through July 10,
3. Open to all residents of Kentucky.
4. Only one entry per category.
5. No photo of same subject may be entered in two different categories.
6. Photo entries must be mounted securely and displayed on sturdy mat board
appropriate in size to photo. Rubber cement or dry mounting tissue is recommended. DO
NOT use photo mounting corners. No entries will be accepted in frames or with glass.
7. All video submissions must be 30-60 seconds and submitted on thumb/flash drive. Do
not use copyrighted materials.
8. Nature category may be divided into various sub-categories for judging at the discretion
of Fair coordinators and judges: (i.e. nature/animal; nature/fish; etc.)
9. The Kenton County Fair Association will make every reasonable effort to provide for the
protection of the exhibits; however, they are not responsible for damage and accidents.
10. Registration will be with a number assigned to each exhibitor. If you have participated
at the Kenton County Fair in previous years, you will use the same number previously
assigned. If you are a new exhibitor, you must obtain a number. To obtain information on
your past number, or to register for a new exhibitor number, call the Kenton County
Extension Office at 859-356-3155.
11. Entry Deadline: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 1:00 - 3:00 P.M. Pickup is Sunday July 17, 2022, 12:00 P.M. - 2:00 P.M.
1. Decision of judges is final.
2. Photography Judging will be based on: (1) composition, (2) creativity, (3) challenge of
subject matter, (4) story telling quality, (5) technical (focus & exposure, (6) impact
1st -Blue ribbon-$6.00, 2nd -Red ribbon-$4.00, 3rd -White ribbon-$2.00
PB1: Best of Show in Classes: ribbon-$10.00
Overall Best of Show: ribbon-$25.00
Coordinator: Cathy Kunkel-Mains (859) 512-9882
bottom of page